What is Automatic Enrolment?
Automatic enrolment (commonly known as auto-enrolment) is the means by which the government's Workplace Pension Reform, introduced in October 2012, is being implemented. It places upon all UK employers a legal obligation to automatically enrol their employees into a qualifying pension scheme when they meet certain eligibility criteria and is being "staged" over a six-year period, based on the size of the employer's workforce.
What do employers need to do?
- Know your staging date
- Develop your auto-enrolment implementation plan
- Assess your workforce for eligibility
- Review your pension arrangements, if any, or set up a qualifying pension scheme
- Communicate the changes to your workers
- Automatically enrol your eligible jobholders
- Register with the Pensions Regulator and maintain records
- Contribute to your workers' pensions
- Get Probis to do it all for you
After all, we have the required expertise in auto-enrolment, payroll and pensions and have specialised in providing outsourced services to employers for over 20 years.
You could do it yourself - but why?
To do it yourself, you would need to become fully conversant with the requirements of auto-enrolment set out in the 254 pages of guidance from the Pensions Regulator and carry out the 33 individual tasks mandated by the Regulations. The penalties for your failure to comply are:
- Fixed Penalty: £400
- Escalating Penalties: Daily fines of £50 up to £10,000
- Civil Penalties: £5,000 for individuals and up to £50,000 for organisations.
Why risk it?
Helping you to meet the new responsibilities being put on Employers.
|Auto-enrolment is mandatory.||Probis provides an integrated solution incorporating all elements.|
|The penalties for non compliance can be huge, up to £10,000 per day.||Probis provides a beginning-to-end service, from preparation to implementation to the operation of your scheme.|
|Your responsibilities as an employer are complicated, can be time-consuming and expensive to administer.||Probis provides a blend of knowledge skills and experience: genuine pedigree in payroll and pension Administration.|
|An efficient scheme requires 3 elements which are all inter-dependent: Auto-enrolment, pensions, and payroll. Do you have the experience in-house?||Probis provides a fully integrated Auto-enrolment solution.|